<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Saturday, October 25, 2003

Movie Review No.2 (including a bit story, but I bet nobody cares.)
Bubba Ho-Tep (Rating: 3)

I wouldn't have seen this movie if I had not been invited. I didn't even know the existence of such a movie (b/c of Angelika-type of movie). So, when I heard right before the movie that this is very scary disturbing sick movie, I got really nervous and alert. But, it turned out that the movie was actually comedy ('sick' part was kind of true though.).

I would say this movie = (Signs + Mummy + X-Files + Austin Powers + Elvis Presley(?))/5. Basically, the story is like: Elvis was actually alive and treated at the nursing home in Texas. He was lonely (his daughter (Lisa?) never visited him) and had only one friend, who believed he was JFK (he is black as a matter of fact). Then, as elderly people were dying continuously at the home, the JFK found out that their souls were sucked by mummy, which was stolen long time ago in Texas. So, the King of Rock and President decided to kill the mummy.

(I hope you understand what I am talking about so far...)

Anyway, this movie is not disturbing AT ALL. The scariest thing may be a huge cockroach. Elvis yelled at the bug, "Don't try to fuck the King again!" Such kind of movie... I have never seen Elvis personally, but I decided I love him after this movie, baby. The best comment by Elvis was uttered when he convinced JFK to kill mummy with him, "Ask not what Home can do for you. Ask what you can do for your Home."

So, would you like to see?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?