<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Sunday, October 12, 2003

Movie Review (You can read even before movie. No contents)
Kill Bill Vol.1 (Rating 4)

I had never seen Tarantino movie before, whose movie I have often heard very violent. It didn't betray my expectation. At least more heads, arms, and legs are cut off from their original bodies than ones from the Orcs in Lord of the Rings. I even felt PAIN! Fortunately or unfortunately the most violent and gross scene was made by animation.

Still, Tarantino made it very funny. I agreed with my friends that this movie is like a violent version of Lost in Translation. He kind of exaggerated Japanese 'yakuza' culture like Sofia Coppola did Japanese pop culture (I liked LIT just to make sure, although bit offense). The better thing of this movie is that subtitle is used. Just there was 'yakuza's' conversation which was very silly funny but was not translated. If you REALLY want to know, please e-mail me.

I recommend you to see this movie, which runs beautiful music, uses very famous Japanese actor (Sonny Chiba), and shows cool martial arts. And the fight between Uma Thuman and Lucy Liu in the snow yard is amazing (I just wonder when it started to snow then). But it's really, really violent for people who can't stand any horror movie. They might rather want to see just Lost in Translation

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?