<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Poor Yates...

Gimme back my tiger pal
By KERRY BURKE, BARBARA ROSS and DAVE GOLDINER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
Wednesday, October 8th, 2003

"I want my cat back," Yates declared outside Manhattan Criminal Court. "I love you, Ming!"

"He was like my brother, he was my best friend, my only friend, really," said Yates, 31. "I am brokenhearted. I hope my kitty cat is safe."

Yates said he was playing a favorite game with Ming when the big cat went bonkers. "We was playing 'Hey, buddy, buddy.' He liked that. Shadow heard me and walked back to find me and everything exploded."

After Ming latched on to him, Yates said, "I embraced him and pulled him down [onto] me. I realize you have to take control of the situation. I coached him into dropping me. I said, 'Ming, No.' When Ming hears 'no,' he knows 'no.'"

After he was bitten, Yates said Ming "licked his head and tried to clean me."

"I used to rub him. You have to do it firm. He would purr real deep. If you didn't know it, it would scare you."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?