<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Monday, October 06, 2003

Unbelievable, this wooman!!

It was a room with a zoo
By LISA L. COLANGELO, WARREN WOODBERRY Jr. and DAVE GOLDINER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
Monday, October 6th, 2003

Caroline Domingo told the Daily News she couldn't believe her eyes when she spotted the big cat roaming free in the apartment where she and her husband rented a room from tiger-owner Antoine Yates, 37.

"I walked in the door and [the tiger] was standing there looking at me," recalled Domingo, 49, a seamstress. "I said, 'I know I'm not seeing this. I know that wasn't a tiger.'

"He turned around and looked at me like I was a damn fool," she said.

But eventually, she said, "We all became family."

Domingo told The News she got used to living with Ming, who played in a custom sandpit and gobbled 25 chicken thighs a day in the fifth-floor flat on Adam Clayton Powell Blvd., between 141st and 142nd Sts.

The carnivorous beast was friendly and once gave her a hug with its declawed front paws.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?