<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Monday, February 02, 2004

Movie Review 15
Master and Commander (Rating: 4)

Despite many good "critics' reviews," I had read and heard many bad reputations about this movie. So, I didn't expect that much when I saw it. However, this was surprisingly good movie! Although I understand people say this is boring and there is literally no woman (only 10 seconds) in this movie, I still think it's a great epic film.

During Napoleon era, England and France were fighting in the ocean. At the beginning of the movie, the ship of Captain Russell Crowe was attacked and many of crew were injured. His friend and ship's doctor recommended Captain to return to England, but he keeps going so they can beat their enemy. From then on, the ship had to go through storm, draught, internal conflicts, and final battle.

Honestly I love Pirates of the Caribbean much much better. But this movie is even more realistic and serious... naturally. And it's describing not only such vigorous scenes as war and ocean, but also crew's feeling and dilemma. I should change my Best 10 Movies by changing Holes to M & C.

The only problem was that I don't understand most of what they were talking about... Some technical terms and British accent...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?