<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Movie Review 17
Passion of the Christ (Rating: 4)

First of all, it is clearly overreacting and overconscious to find this movie anti-semitic. If everyone is Jewish and Jesus is Jewish, what is the point of saying Jewish is to blame for his death? Besides, what about Roman Empire and Caesar? Pearl Harbor is anti-Japanese movie!!

On the other hand, it's fair to say kids should be strictly forbidden from seeing this movie. The reason is not racial issue, but because of disgusting, bloody, and sick violence. I do not even want to describe it here. Still, the movie is very well created and emotionally moving.

It's last 12 hours of Jesus. Basically, he keeps being tortured for 2 hours in the show. I could never keep my eyes on the screen, but I had to because they have subtitle!!

I didn't notice Monica Bellucci was there. In retrospect, I think she was that hottie staying with Mary the Mom. You can also see the Satan, who looks like Smeagol and Satan's baby (?), who looks like Mini-Me.

Considering the ending (rebirth of the Christ), I bet Passion will be trilogy. Next one is expected to be "POTC: Return of the King."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?