<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Monday, March 15, 2004

Movie Review 18
Secret Window (Rating: 3)

Story (based on Stephen King) is intriguing, Johnny Depp is hilarious, John Turturro is creepy, Chico the Dog is cute, music is scary... Each part is good enough, but somehow the combination doesn't work perfectly. I do not know why, but I guess it is because the movie is more acting-oriented rather than story itself?

A writer (Johnny) is separate from his wife, who now has a relationship with another guy. One day, some guy (Turturro), who looks like Misery-Meet-Christopher Walken type of guy, comes to Johnny's cabin, saying "Ya stole my story!" Then he started stalking Johnny like a wacko. Johnny, feeling danger of himself and his wife, asked sheriff to protect him.

As the ending is interesting and surprising, which at one moment reminded me of Smeagol and Gollum, I shall not be spoiler here. I rated it 3, but it's still worth watching thanks to those 2 actors and Chico (Chico).

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?