<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."

Monday, March 29, 2004

Movie Review 19
Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind (Rating: 5)

This screenwriter Charlie Kaufman made confusing but amazing film again. This movie gave me the same impressing as Adaptation. While I was watching it, I had no idea where I was going. But as the story went on (and my friend told me the trick), I started to realize its cleverness. It is like Alice in Wonderland or Matrix kind of feeling.

Jim Carrey was dating Kate Winslet, but their relationship fell into bad shape. After Winslet eliminated the memory of Carrey, he also decided to demolish his memory about her. However, while his memory was being deleted, he changed his mind. In his brain, he tried to run away from the erasing operation.

The use of psychological scene is touchy, while interaction between Carrey's brain and doctor team is brilliant. But I am still damn confused because something shouldn't make sense. I don't want to believe such puzzle results from my luck of intelligence!!! I need DVD to figure out. Anyway, I find this movie the best so far this year. I hope Jersey Girl will be better.

The last word. I am sorry for Elijah the Frodo about such a pervert role...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?